Japan Eco Leather, 6 conditions
Japan Eco Leather meets “Japan Eco Leather Standard(JES)”, and recognized that, in a series of life cycle of “product manufacturing, transport, distribute and reuse”, reduction of environmental load is considered and then the effect environmentally is reduced. Six conditions are as follows.
1． Natural Leather
2． No use of carcinogenic dyes
3． Inspected hazardous chemicals
（Formaldehyde, Heavy metal, PCP or Prohibited azo dyes）
4． Under the standard value for odor
5． Made in the properly managed factory
（Manufactured in the properly managed factory for drainage and waste）
6． More than the standard value for staining friction robust level
（Hard to fade it’s color）
Provide the sense of security as you know the producer. Certification Label
The Production company is identified by the certification number shown in Japan Eco Leather Standard certification label. Access Website of Japan Leather And Leather Goods Industries Association, and then enter the certification number.
Japan Eco Leather certification label shows the state that the drum for tanning hide is rotated vigorously and then the hide and tanning agent are reacted and become the leather.
Japan Eco Leather Standard Certification Label
Certification year, month and date：2012.04.###
Manufacturing country of Leather：Japan
This label is certification that chemical substance of leather （Heavy metal, PCP, Formaldehyde Prohibited azo dyes, etc.） is within the standard.
(General Incorporated Associations)Japan Leather And Leather Goods Industries Association
General Incorporated Associations, Japan Leather And Leather Goods Industries Association（Japan eco leather mark Certification association）
Hikaku Kenpo Kaikan,7F, Komagata 1-12-13,
Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0043 Japan
TEL +81-03-3847-1451 FAX +81-03-3847-1510 http://www.jlia.or.jp/
We are working for overall promotion, development and solidarity enhancement of the leather industry.
Issued：Japan Leather and Leather Goods Industries Association
Asahi Bld., 4F, Toyozawacho 129,
Himeji, Hyogo, 670-0964 Japan
TEL・FAX +81-079-284-5899 http://www.hikaku-kyo.org/
Est. 1955, Only Japanese leather-related academic association
We support Japan’s leather industry on the technology side.
Japan Eco Leather FAQ
- What difference between the ordinary leather and Japan Eco Leather？
- Japan Eco Leather has conditions of six items, such as no use of carcinogenic dyes, passed the inspection of hazardous chemicals, under the standard value for odor, etc. (See the above “Japan Eco Leather six conditions”)
- I heard that there are Japan Eco Leather if chrome tanning.
- The types of tanning do not matter, in chrome tanning leather or also leather of plant tannin tanning, as long as they matches the Japan Eco Leather standard. With reference to the number of certified Eco Leather, it has become the greater number of the chrome tanning leather.
- I heard that the foreign countries also have Eco Leather, is it same as Japan Eco Leather？
- Some part is common, but the object of examination is also the production in the properly managed factory for drainage and waste, as the unique standard by Japan Eco Leather. In addition, consumers can use with sense of security by clarifying the producer.
- Where can I buy Japan Eco Leather’s Product？
- Nationwide department stores and famous shops are handled them. Please purchase a tag marked with a certification mark in the left as a mark.
- I heard that Eco Leather is likely to mark with dirt or stains…？
- That is not the case. The feature as leather is same as the others, it can be treated as well as the ordinary leather. But, the material utilizing the natural texture, without using much pigment, like plant tannin tanning leather（tanned leather）, is easy to absorb moisture and oil, it will stain. Please be careful since wetting with stain causes stain.
- How to care of Eco Leather products？
- It does not matter to care as same as the ordinary leather. But generally speaking, please use care supplies matched with the types of leather.